I am now at Amazon Web Services AI working on deep learning related research, opensource projects, and products. Prior to that, I was a postdoctoral researcher in the department of computer science at ETH Zurich, where I was advised by Prof. Ce Zhang. I received my PhD degree from the school of computer science and engineering of the University of New South Wales, advised by Prof. Lina Yao. I obtained a Bachelor degree from Nanjing University.
I am a recipient of the outstanding paper award at ICLR 2021 and the best paper award runner-up at WSDM 2020.
I am a contributor for the following opensource projects:
AutoGluon Dive into Deep Learning DeepRec
Mentoring and Services
- Yixin Chen, PhD intern at AWS, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Shuhuai Ren, PhD intern at AWS, Peking University.
- Alfonso Amayuelas (Now PhD student at UCSB), master thesis (results are published at ICLR 2022), EPFL, co-advisor with Prof. Ce Zhang
- Maksimov Anton, master thesis, ETH zurich, co-advisor with Prof. Ce Zhang
- Yannick Wattenberg, bachelor thesis, ETH zurich, co-advisor with Prof. Ce Zhang
- Aurelio Negri, bachelor thesis, ETH zurich, co-advisor with Prof. Ce Zhang
- Clémence Lanfranchi, semester project, ETH zurich, co-advisor with Prof. Ce Zhang
I am actively serving as reviewer/program committe member for AI conferences (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, etc.) and journals.